Today we fight not one, but two enemies. The invisible pandemic enemy and the enemy within. We are stuck between our no longer and our not yet. Stuck looks and feels like anxiety, depression, anger, and emotional isolation. Stuck makes it hard to know who and how to trust.
And yet, we are not defeated. We have individual thoughts and words, the most powerful weapons of all. What if we used their positive energy to wage war on the enemy within, the one few are talking about, our mental well being?
Someone said, “The virus attacks the lungs, but we can save our hearts and minds.”
What if, despite our inconvenient reality, we rise and:
- Understand we are all in a storm, but in different boats?
- Become a collective lighthouse?
- Wear an attitude of gratitude for those sustaining us through the food supply chain, health care delivery, sanitation, transportation, and communications?
- Daily intentionally share positive thoughts and words?
- Remember that our children look to us first when they are lost?
- Acknowledge that messes often become miracles?
- Are patient with ourselves and others?
What if?Until next time, remember,
You are not alone.
You are not your circumstances.
You have everything within you to live a purpose-filled life.