Last week I asked you, “What would you do if you knew you could not fail?” To answer that question you had to empower yourself to believe that impossible is merely a word to describe the degree of difficulty.
This week I ask you to consider as you move from the no longer of 2015 and step into the not yet of 2016, how well you are prepared to face the typical transitions that come with the passage of time. Change can come in forcefully like a tidal wave, or creep along incrementally like a glacier. It might have the face of a devastating tragedy, a difficult choice, a broken relationship, or even a new opportunity. What is universal is that at times the only thing you can do about change is manage your response to it.
Marc and Angel once again give voice to my thoughts about repositioning your life for successful change management. They are:
“1. Let go of cheating on your future with your past. It’s time to move on and tell a new story.
2. Let go of feeling guilty for making yourself a priority.
3. Let go of all thoughts that don’t make you feel empowered and strong.
4. Let go of your fear of the unknown; take one small step and watch the path reveal itself. And remember that you don’t need to know it all first. We learn the way on the way.
5. Let go of worrying; worrying is like praying for what you don’t want.
6. Let go of blaming anyone for anything; be accountable for your own life. If you don’t like something, you have two choices, accept it or change it.
7. Let go of regrets; at one point in your life, that “whatever” was exactly what you wanted.
8. Let go of anger toward ex-lovers and ex-friends. We all deserve happiness and love; just because it is over doesn’t mean the love was wrong. It’s what you needed at the time to learn and grow.
9. Let go of trying to save or change people. Everyone has her own path, and the best thing you can do is work on yourself and set a great example.
10. Let go of thinking you are damaged and flawed; you matter, and the world needs you just as you are. You are not the shape of your body or the number on some scale. Your uniqueness is what makes you outstanding.
11. Let go of thinking everyone else is happier, more successful or better off than you. You are right where you need to be. Your journey is unfolding perfectly for you.
12. Let go of thinking you are not where you should be. You are right where you need to be to get to where you want to go, so start asking yourself where you want to go. “
A year from now you will wish you had started today. And of course, if you’re struggling with any of these points, know that you are not alone at the table of possibilities.andangel.com/getting-back-to-happy/#happinessworth Until next time, remember,
You are not alone.
You are not your circumstances.
You have everything within you to live a purpose-filled life.